GUADEC 2014 report
As one of GNOME.Asia 2014 organizers, GNOME Foundation sponsored me to attend GUADEC 2014 in Strasbourg.
Strasbourg is a wonderful city, I very like the amazing Illuminations of the Cathedral.
It is awesome four days where I listening to presentation about new technology, meeting old and new friends.
You can know more about us from flickr, :)
I got a lot from the topics in these days.
1) Reusing Libreoffice in your application, in each page there are lines for thanks to each one for their contribution!
Now libreoffice already be reused by a lot of applications, Markus introduced the LibreofficeKit and a lot of new features.
You can download his slide for more information.
2) What’s new in Gstreamer, talked about what’s done last year and new features.
What captured my attention is that they list the copyright of the pictures in slide at last!!
3) SDAPS: Easy to use paper surveying tool for GNOME
No so much listener interested this topic, but Benjamin still finished the topic seriously, and it’s very cool to develop this tool in University.
4) Fleet Commander: making GNOME 3 shine on large deployments
It’s a popular topic in second day, and this is a new project, with this tool you can deploy gnome’s configuration to other machines easily.
5) GPG, SSH, and identity for beginners
Federico use a very tradition way to show what’s the principle of public-key cryptography.
6) Flow based programming in the Gnome environment
It’s the first time to know about it, and NoFlo is cool tool, you can try the 2048′s demo.
I’ve also took part in below talks, thanks all your guys shared the top-edge technology.
- Hardware integration, the GNOME way
- Where are we with this “geo-awareness” dream?
- Open Source Design – how we do it in ownCloud
- Corebird: A Twitter client’s open source journey through Gnome land
- GTK+, dialogs, the HIG and you
- Where has all the Python gone?
- Next generation input methods
Thanks to the GNOME Foundation for sponsoring my travel and accommodation. Looking forward to the next year at Gothenburg. ;)
And now GNOME.Asia 2015 is call for host!